View or Change Account Information
Last Updated June 8, 2010
The following roles and user entitlements should be set in the Tax Collection System for users needing to access and update the information on the screen Refund program in TaxLedge.
Refund Screen Roles
GLTAXLEDGE_FOUNDATION - Allows access to the TaxLedge database tables. Restrictions are made by removing entitlements to users.
Refund Screen Entitlements
ACTGL_REFUND – Allows access to the Refund screen.
GLADJUST_REFUNDS - Allows users to update or make changes to refund records.
Click here to see what parts of the screen these entitlements cover.
To update/change refund information before the refund has been processed in the Refund module:
- In the Refunds (Payment Remittance) screen, select the record to be viewed or changed, then double-clickthat line. The Account Profile window will display the fields that can be modified.
- Type in the new or changed information.
- At the bottom of the refund screen there are three blank lines for references, comments, and reasons. References and/or comments may be printed on the checks. Reasons will not show on the checks, and so may be used to add a note for tax office use.
- Click the Apply-All checkbox to have the reference or comment appear on all checks. Click the Apply-All checkbox next to Reason to have that reason apply to all refunds in this load.
- Click the Update Account button. The Account Profile window will close.
Note: Any changes made are in effect for this refund run only. If a permanent change is necessary, make the change in the Tax Collection System.
To update/change refund information after the refund has been processed in the Refund module, but before they are printed in the Check Writer, you must complete the following steps to recover the refund and then change it:
- Search for Requested records on the Refund (Payment Remittance) screen for the needed refund.
- Click theHold button for the refund.
- Click Process.
- Search for the refund again using the Unrequested search option.
- Now make the necessary changes starting with Step 1 at the top of this page.
- Continue processing the refunds as usual.