Last Updated April 17, 2012
The Distribution report can be run in either Summary or Detail mode. The data should match the TCS297F report. The amounts displayed includes all funds loaded into the Remit screen. The only amounts that can be disbursed are those that have either been processed through the Remit screen or (for some tax offices) processed through the Check Writer.
The Detail version shows the amount of funds due and then disbursed to each unit for each year specified. The report displays, for each jurisdiction, the year (current or delinquent), levy collected, penalty and interest collected, miscellaneous fees collected, TIF and attorney fees collected, total collections (this include refunds), the amount of commission taken out before disbursement, the net payable (net collections minus commission), and the amount actually disbursed, and the balance due (net payable minus disbursed amount). At the end of the report is a summary of the current tax year disbursements for each unit.
The Summary version of this report displays only the amounts disbursed to each unit and attorney. It always gives the total of all years disbursed. For each unit, a breakdown of levy, penalty and interest, miscellaneous fees, commissions, disbursed amounts, and balance is given. Grand totals are given at the end.
The Grand Totals on the 297F report [Attorney + TIF + Other Fees - Refund + Disburse Total (the disburse total is Current Year Total + Prior Year Total)] will equal the Distribution Summary and Detail reports' grand total for Total Collections (Levy Paid + Penalty Interest + Fees + TIF).
For Montgomery County, an 'auditors report' is printed for the county . This lists, by year, amounts for I&S, road and bridge, and general fund. These amounts, summed together, are the 'transferred' (disbursed) values.
Users must be assigned the GLTAXLEDGE_FOUNDATION role and the user entitlements TAXLEDGE_REPORTS and GLRPTJURISDICTION_REPORT in the Tax Collection System to run this report.
To run a Distribution report:
- Open TaxLedge and log in.
- On TaxLedge’s Main Menu bar, select Reports, then select Distribution Report. The parameter screen will be displayed.
- Click on the File Type drop-down menu and choose the type of file for which you want to see data: Property Tax, VIT Fines/Penalties, VIT NSF,VIT Overpayment, or VIT Penalty/Interest.
- Click either the Detail or Summary radio button, depending on which version of the report you want. Not all tax offices have both options. The Detail version lists disbursements by year for each jurisdiction.
- Enter the beginning and ending dates of the Deposit Date Range you want to include on the report, OR if you have a Print Date Range field, you can enter dates there to retrieve data based on the day of the actual disbursement. Some tax offices have Remit Date Range fields, in which the last date included in the distribution should entered. Only one set of date ranges can be entered.
- If you are printing the detail report and you want data for all years on the report, leave the Number of Years field blank, otherwise enter a specific number of years (for ex., 1, 2, or 3). The years shown on the report will then include the current year and prior years (for ex., if you enter 3 and the current tax year is 2004, the report will include data for 2004, 2003, and 2002).
For the Summary report, leave this field blank.
- Click the check box next to Page Break at Tax Unit if you want a new page for every tax unit.
- If you are running the report in Detail mode, and you also checked Page Break at Tax Unit, you must next choose of the radio buttons:
- Create a Single File for All Tax Units - one file is created, with a page break between each tax unit.
- Create Separate Files for Each Tax Unit - a separate .pdf file is created for each tax unit.
- Check the Show Current/Delinquent Breakdown box to see a split between current and delinquent amounts for the current year. To have the current year in one row, do not check this box.
- Enter the number of copies needed in the Number of Copies field.
- If you are printing the detail report and you want data for just some of the units, uncheck the All Tax Units box, highlight one of the units you want, then click the right arrow button () Continue selecting the units that you want on the report. You can also select the units for a particular attorney by selecting the attorney name in the field above the tax units, then clicking Select.. Continue selecting the individual units that you want on the report.
- Click Print.
- If your tax office wants, the reports can be tracked on the batch menu. A popup window will appear after you click Print that gives you the batch request sequence number. Contact ACT if you want this feature.