Last Updated March 1, 2016
This report will provide a register of the payments processed in a requested range. It can be run in either summary, detail, combined summary/detail, or list modes. Transactions that have processed as a void/reuse are not shown on any of the register options. Additional details are the different report options are given below. A file can also be produced. If there is a gap in check numbers, this will be noted on the report at the point the gap begins with an *. At the end of the report will be a note that states where the gap is located. A count of the number of voided remittances is provided. Reference and comments lines are included on some versions of the report.
There are two important date ranges to consider: Print Date and Void Date. The data on the report assumes that the original remittance or refund was printed within the specified Print Date range. If you do not enter a Void Date Range, you will see only those voided or discarded amounts that occurred within the same date range as the Print Date Range and have a corresponding remittance or refund within the Print Date Range. If a void or discard occurred outside of the print date range and the original transaction was within the Print Date range, the void dates will be given, but the amount of the void/discard will not be included in the totals at the end of the report (the amount of the remittance or refund will be included, however).
ACT Recommends: To see both original transactions and voided/discarded transactions that occurred within a certain date range, enter the dates in BOTH the Print Date Range and Void Date Range fields.
Note: On the Detail version, if the void occurred within the Print Date range, no Void Date Range is given, and the original remittance or refund transaction was from a different date, only the void amount will be shown (the void amount will not be shown in the void totals, however). In the Summary, Summary with Detail, and List versions, these voids without corresponding original transactions are not displayed at all unless the Void Date Range fields are filled in.
To display voids and discards that occurred on dates that are different from the print date range, enter different dates in the Print Date and Void Date Range fields. The totals at the bottom will reflect the amount of the voids.
To see a report of only voids and discards, enter a Void Date range, but leave the Print Date Range fields blank. Original remittances and refunds will appear only if they occurred within the Void Date range. Escheated refunds will be included. To see only escheated checks, select the Escheated option and enter a Void Date range. To see pending escheated refunds, which have not been reversed and transferred to an escheat account in TCS, select the Escheat Pending option in the Cleared Status box.
The Clear Date Range and Cleared Status option can be used to report checks that have been cleared and/or are waiting to be cleared. If discrepancies between the bank clearing amount and the original check amount exist, a warning message is added at the top of the Bank Register and the checks and amounts are listed at the bottom
These client preferences can be set:
CHECK_REGISTER_SINGLE_ROWS - Set to N to print a row for each account, even if a check pays more than one account. Set this to Y to print a row for each check and put MC in the Acct No. field if the check paid more than a single account. The codeset works only if the bank register is run in Detail mode (see step 10).
CREATE_EMPTY_TL_FILES: Set to Y to create a Bank Register file even if it will have no data in it. Set to N to avoid creating empty files.
SHOW_TRANS_DATE: Set to Y to show a Transaction Date field on the Bank Register screen. Set to N to hide this field.
Users must be assigned the GLTAXLEDGE_FOUNDATION role and these user entitlements in the Tax Collection System:
TAXLEDGE_REPORTS - allows users to access the report menu.
GLRPTCHECK_REGISTER - allows users to print the Bank/Check Register.
GLPOS_PAY - allows users to create a positive pay file.
GLIIF: allows users to create a QuickBooks file.
GLNACHA – allows only authorized users the ability to create NACHA files.
GLRPTESCHEAT - allows users to see an option for Escheated in the Report Style section.
To run a Bank Register report:
- Select Reports from the main menu and click Bank Register from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Bank to which the funds were credited.
- Select the Bank Account to which the funds were credited.
- Select which Transaction Type was used in the run. The choices may include: All, Deposit, Check, Wire, ACH, Fees, Ledger Adjustments, All Debits, All Credits and Transfers. Do not leave this field blank.
- Select which File Type was used in the run. The choices may include: All Refunds, Highway Refunds, Beer Liquor Wine, Misc Payment, Motor Vehicle, Overpayment Refunds, Proration, SIT Escrow, Property Tax, Rendition, SIT Fines/Penalties, SIT NSF, SIT Overpayment, SIT Penalty/Interest, Permits and others specific to your tax office.
- Select the Payment Type of the run. The choices may include: All, Attorney Remittances, Highway Refunds, Beer/Liquor Refund, Miscellaneous Accounts, Overpayment Refunds, Adjustment Refunds, Jurisdiction Remittances, and others specific to your tax office.
- If you want a particular run of checks, enter the beginning and ending check numbers of the desired run in the Check/Ref # Range fields.
- If you want all transactions that originated in a particular date range, enter the beginning and ending print dates of the desired run in the Print Date Range fields.
- (optional) Check Include Valid Items and/or Include Void Items. If you leave these blank or check both, both valid and voided refunds will appear on the report.
- In the Cleared Status box, click All to report all checks for the range indicated in other fields, click Cleared to see only cleared checks (there is a cleared date column on the report, select Outstanding to report only transactions that have not been cleared in TaxLedge yet, All Escheated to see only escheated checks, or Escheat Pending to see refunds processed as escheated in Taxledge but which have not been reversed and transferred to an escheat account in TCS. If discrepancies between the bank clearing amount and the original check amount exist, a warning message is added at the top of the report and the checks and amounts are listed at the bottom.
- If you are asking for a run with voided checks that occurred on dates other than the print dates, enter the beginning and ending dates of the voids in the Void Date Range fields.
Note: You can request a Print Date and Void Date Range for the same report.
- In the Escheated Status box, click All to see both escheated and non-escheated checks that have been voided, or select either Escheated Only or Not Escheated.
- If you want to see checks that were cleared on dates other than the print dates, enter beginning and ending dates in the Clear Date Range fields.
- (optional) Enter a date in the Status As Of (Date) field. This date affects either voided checks or cleared/outstanding checks, depending on what information you have entered in the previous fields. For ex., you may have printed a check on Sept. 1 and voided or cleared it on Sept. 15. Your bank statement is printed as of Sept. 10. To balance your account against this report, you may want to enter 09/10/yyyy in the Status As Of Date field. Voided checks cannot be cleared, and if a check has been cleared, it cannot be voided.
- (optional) Enter a Minimum Amount to limit the data on the report.
- In the Report Style box, click either the Detail, Summary, Detail with Summary, List, or Escheated radio button next to the range fields.
Detail: prints in landscape view, and has separate totals for valid and void amounts (void totals that are negative are shown as $0.00). Details are given for voided transactions as positive and negative amounts. Each transaction is shown as a separate row of data. The year of the refund is provided.
Summary: prints in portrait view, and the total amount is not split into valid and void amounts. If an original transaction and a void of the same check occurred in the same date range, the original transaction amount in included in the total, but the void date is also given in the same summary row of data. The total number of checks, wires, and ACH transactions is provided.
Summary with Detail: prints in portrait view, and the total amount is not split into valid and void amounts. If an original transaction and a void of the same check occurred in the same date range, the original transaction amount in included in the Grand Total, and the void date is given in a different row of data (the voided amount is not subtracted from the Grand Total). The total number of checks, wires, and ACH transactions is provided.
List: prints in landscape view, and has separate totals for valid and void amounts (void totals that are negative are shown as $0.00). If an original transaction and a void of the same check occurred in the same date range, the original transaction amount in included in the valid total, and the voided amount is given in the void total. However, only one row of data is given, with the void date being given in the same summary row of data as the original transaction amount. The void amount is included in the Void Total. The year of the refund is provided.
- In the Bank File area, you can have a positive pay, reconciliation file, check file, QuickBooks file, Nacha file, or escheat file created by checking the appropriate boxes.
Note: For Bexar County only, if positive pay files are created more than once per day, the later file will not contain the data from the earlier file.
Harris County's Nacha file is placed on usr2/spool/act. It can be tracked on the batch menu.
- Enter the number of copies you want of the register in the Number of Copies field.
- (optional) Enter a Transaction Date if you want to use a different date than the print date in a Nacha file.
- Click Print .
Some tax offices also have the following reasons listed in the file: Jurisdiction Remittance, Attorney Remittances, Adjustment Refunds, and Overpayment Refunds.
You may receive a message asking if you want to create files (NACHA, IIF, Positive Pay, etc.). Click Yes or No as appropriate.
If you have already created a file for the same criteria as you have entered, no file will be created and the report will be blank.
- If your tax office wants, the report can be tracked on the batch menu. A popup window will appear after you click Print that gives you the batch request sequence number. Contact ACT if you want this feature.