Previewing and Printing Reports
Last Updated June 10, 2005
To preview and print reports, use the Batch Request screen. You must have run the report first. You can also use this screen to determine when a process is complete.
You can save reports that generate a .pdf file.
To view and print a report:
- From the Batch Menu, click on the Batch Requests button on the bottom right. The Batch Request screen will appear
- Locate the desired batch request from the list. Use the scroll bar if necessary.
- In the Request Job column of the batch report list, highlight the correct report; it will then appear in the Jobs for Request Sequence section at the bottom of the screen.
Note: If there is no End Time listed for the report or process, it never finished running and you will not be able to view it (if it was a report). You may need to press F7, then F8 to see the start and end times.
- If the report as originally developed in Cobol (rather than Oracle), you can create a pdf file:
Hint: Some examples of Cobol reports include the Period Balancing Reports and the Account Status Report (TA245). The Cobol reports begin with "/bin/sh /usr2/prod/bin/" in the Request Job portion of the Batch Request screen. For reports produced in Oracle, skip to step 5.
- Highlight the desired report line in the top of the Batch Request screen,
- In the bottom portion of the screen, click the line for the report you want in a pdf format
- Click Create PDF. (If you haven't clicked a line in the bottom portion of the screen, you will get an error. If you click Create PDF and the report is already in Oracle format, you'll get a "File does not exist" message.)
- Press F7, then F8 until
- To preview the report before printing, click the Screen button underneath Present Report on the left. the report will appear in a pop-up window. Use the scroll bar if necessary to view the whole report.
Hint: You can print the report directly from the print preview by clicking the Printer button () on the toolbar.
- To print the report, click the Printer radio button underneath Present Report on the left. Be sure the correct printer is listed underneath the Set Printer button. See below for instructions on how to change the printer.
Note: Some reports cannot be printed this way. They can be printed only by clicking the Printer button in the Preview report window. See step 4.
If you only want to print some of the pages in a report, and the report is in a PDF format, you can preview the report (step 4) and then print the desired pages through the Print function in Acrobat Reader.
- Click Present Report.
To change the printer on which the report will print, do the following:
- Click Set Printer.
- Click Yes to the “Wish to setup printer?” message.
- Select a printer from the list that appears.
- Click OK.
- On the Printer Selection window, click the Save button.
- Click the Exit button. Now you can print the report.