Adjust Remittances to Tax Units
Last Updated June 9, 2010
It is possible to manually adjust amounts and percentages (up to the amount available) in order to hold money back for processing later with another load.
The following roles and user entitlements should be set in the Tax Collection System for users needing to access the Tax Unit Remittance Detail screen. in TaxLedge.
Remittance Screen Roles
GLTAXLEDGE_FOUNDATION - Allows access to the TaxLedge database tables. Restrictions are made by removing entitlements to users.
Remittance Screen Entitlements
ACTGL_REMIT – Allows access to the Remit screen.
GLTUREMITDETAIL - Allows access to the Tax Unit Remittance Detail screen.
Click here to see which screens these entitlements affect.
To make adjustments, follow the instructions below:
- In the Remit screen, double-click the record that needs adjusting, or simply click the Taxunit Remittance Detail tab. The Taxunit Remittance Detail screen will open. Data will be displayed in order from the oldest year to most recent year.
Notes: The Misc Fees & Adjustments column will display any commission value that is being applied to the tax unit to satisfy your tax office's jurisdiction rules.
An 'X' in the Current/Delq column indicates that the values in the other columns are the sum of the current and delinquent amounts.
- Adjustments are either:
- By Amount – Enter the amount to pay, but not more than is currently available. The corresponding Percent to Remit value for that record will automatically adjust to the nearest tenth (92.5% for example) as soon as you press Tab.
Note: For example, if a field has 0 as its' value, you cannot put any amounts into it.
- By Percent – Enter the Percent to Remit value, but not more than 100%. The corresponding amounts will automatically adjust by the percentage.
- To adjust all records displayed at once, enter a percentage value in the Percent for All field, then click Apply to All.
Note: Adjustments needed due to bank errors such as a check/wire posted for the incorrect amount must be corrected in the Check Writer module. Adjustments needed due to balancing errors in the ACT System should be corrected in ACT; follow the instructions in this Help system for processing an out-of-balance load.
- Withhold - Check the Hold checkbox for the remittances you do notwant to pay at this time. The amounts will switch to $0.00. If you have change the Percent to Remit column, that change takes precedence over the Hold checkbox.
- If needed, you can add a Comment or Reference line to this tax unit in the line(s) at the bottom of the screen.
Note: You must add the comment or reference line in this screen. The corresponding lines in the Remit screen are view-only.
- After making the necessary adjustments, click the Save button at the bottom of the screen. The changes will be reflected in the Remit screen. Do not press Recalculate on the Remit screen; doing that will erase all of the adjustments you just made.