Jurisdiction Remittances Report
Last Updated April 24, 2018
The Jurisdiction Remittances report can be run to see what the remittance amounts have either been processed or are still available for processing. For each tax unit, amounts are split out into M&O, I&S, TIF levy, TIF interest, and fees. The print date is also included. Remittances for units that are combined and paid to another jurisdiction are grouped together on this report.
Users must be assigned theGLTAXLEDGE_FOUNDATION role and the user entitlements TAXLEDGE_REPORTS and GLRPTJURIS_REMITTANCES in the Tax Collection System to run this report.
To run a Jurisdiction Remittances report:
- Open TaxLedge and log in.
- On TaxLedge’s Main Menu bar, select Reports, then select Jurisdiction Remittances. The Jurisdiction Remittances screen will be displayed.
- Click on the File Type drop-down menu and choose the type of file for which you want to see data: All Files, Property Tax, VIT Fines/Penalties, VIT NSF, VIT Overpayment, or VIT Penalty/Interest.
- Click on the Report Type drop-down menu and choose the type of record you wish to load. The choices are: Available and Processed.
- Click on the Report Mode drop-down menu and choose the mode in which you wish to load the report. The choices are: Summary, Distribution Summary, Deposit Date Detail, Detail and All Tax Units.
Note: If you want to see the remittance total broken down by the disbursing jurisdictions, choose the All Tax Units option.
- In the Deposit Date Range fields, enter the beginning and ending deposit dates if the Report Type is Available. If the Report Type is Processed, enter the ending deposit date in BOTH boxes.
The Date Range should be the same as what is on the Remit screen if you want a report to match the screen's totals. You can also enter dates that match the dates used when the TC298 was run in the Tax Collection System
- In the Remitted Date Range fields, enter the last date in the Deposit Date fields. For ex., if the deposit date range was 1/1/2007 - 1/6/2007, then the Remitted Dates are 1/6/2007 - 1/6/2007. Some tax offices will have Print Date Range fields instead; you must have printed the checks first if you want the letters to print accurately.
- The As Of Date defaults to the current date. To show data for a prior processing date (not the deposit date), change this date.
- If you want to see subtotals by tax unit on the report, check the Subtotals by Tax Unit box. Subtotals also are included if the Report Type is Processed (see above).
- If you would like information for each tax unit to appear on a separate page, click the Page Break at Tax Unit checkbox. (Some tax offices do not have this checkbox.)
- If you checked Page Break at Tax Unit (see previous step), choose of the radio buttons:
- Create a single file for all tax units - only one .pdf is created
- Create separate files for each tax unit - a separate .pdf file is created for each tax unit.
- If you are printing the report for all units, check the All Tax Units box or click the '>>' button near the list of tax units.
- If you are printing the report and you want data for just some of the units, uncheck the All Tax Units box, highlight the units you want, then click the right arrow button (). Continue selecting the individual units that you want on the report.
- If you want filter the data to include the units for a particular attorney, choose the attorney in the Attorney drop-down list
- Enter the number of report copies needed in the Number of Copies field.
- Click Print.
- If your tax office wants, the report can be tracked on the batch menu. A popup window will appear after you click Print that gives you the batch request sequence number. Contact ACT if you want this feature.