Jurisdiction Remittance Letters
Last Updated June 21, 2012
You can print jurisdiction remittance letters either before or after the actual check has been printed as long as the remittance request has been processed in the Check Run module.
Users must have the GLTAXLEDGE_FOUNDATION role and the user entitlements TAXLEDGE_REPORTS and GLRPTTU_REMIT_LETTER granted in the Tax Collection System to run this report.
To process Jurisdiction Remittance Letters:
- Open TaxLedge and log in.
- On TaxLedge’s Main Menu bar, select Reports, then select Jurisdiction Remittance Letter. The Remittance Letter screen will be displayed. The parameters on the screen vary depending on your tax office.
For most tax offices:
- Click on the File Type drop-down menu and choose the type of file for which you want to see data: All Files, Property Tax, VIT Fines/Penalties, VIT NSF, VIT Overpayment, or VIT Penalty/Interest.
- In the Remitted Date Range fields, enter the last date in the Deposit Date fields. For ex., if the deposit date range was 1/1/2007 - 1/6/2007, then the Remitted Dates are 1/6/2007 - 1/6/2007. Some tax offices will have Print Date Range fields instead; you must have printed the checks first if you want the letters to print accurately.
- If you would like information for each tax unit to appear on a separate page, click the Page Break at Tax Unit checkbox. (Some tax offices do not have this checkbox.)
- If you checked Page Break at Tax Unit (see previous step), choose of the radio buttons:
- Create a single file for all tax units - only one .pdf is created
- Create separate files for each tax unit - a separate .pdf file is created for each tax unit.
- If you are printing the report for all units, check the All Tax Units box.
- If you are printing the report and you want data for just some of the units, uncheck the All Tax Units box, highlight the units you want, then click the right arrow button (). Continue selecting the individual units that you want on the report.
- Click Print.
- If your tax office wants, the report can be tracked on the batch menu. A popup window will appear after you click Print that gives you the batch request sequence number. Contact ACT if you want this feature. (For some tax offices, a different report is produced for fee units.)
For Bexar County only:
- Enter the date you wish to be put on the letter in the Date for Letter field.
- In the Last Collection Date Included in the Remittance Request field, enter the last deposit date (if you entered a Bank Deposit Date when loading remittances) or the last request date. This is the date entered as TO date in the Date Range fields on the Remit screen.
- If applicable, check the Check if this is the Final Remittance for the Month box.
- If applicable, check the Check to print today's letters only box.
- Enter the number of copies needed in the Number of Copies field.
- Click Print.
- If your tax office wants, the report can be tracked on the batch menu. A popup window will appear after you click Print that gives you the batch request sequence number. Contact ACT if you want this feature.