Last Updated August 31, 2016
The following roles and user entitlements should be set in the Tax Collection System for users needing to load refunds in TaxLedge.
Refund Screen Roles
GLTAXLEDGE_FOUNDATION - Allows access to the TaxLedge database tables. Restrictions are made by removing entitlements to users.
Refund Screen Entitlements
ACTGL_REFUND – Allows access to the Refund screen.
GLLOAD_REFUNDS - Activates the Load Refunds and Void Load buttons.
- Open TaxLedge and log in.
- On TaxLedge’s Main Menu bar, select Disbursements, then selectRefunds.The Refunds (Payment Remittance) screen will be displayed.
- In the Refunds (Payment Remittance) screen, choose a refund type from the Payment Type drop-down list. The type should correspond to the refund type chosen when the TC536 was run in TCS or a disbursement process was run in SIT or Permits.
- If you know the Batch Sequence number from ACT 7.0, enter it into the Batch Seq. field. ACT 6.2/6.3/6/4 users will not have a Batch Sequence number.
Note: If you enter a Request Date Range, you do not need to enter a Batch Sequence number.
- Enter the date range in the Request Date Range fields. For ACT 7.0 users, this will be the date you ran the Refund Selection(536) report. For other ACT users, this will be the current date, entered in both fields.
Notes: If you enter a Batch Sequence number, you do not need to enter a Request Date Range.
You cannot load refunds using the Refund Date Range fields. You can only search with these fields.
- By default the Unrequested box is checked, which loads only those records that have not yet gone through the request checks process. If all records – processed and not processed – are to be loaded, click the Unrequested Only box to uncheck the box.
- Click the Load Refund button.
Notes: (ACT 7.0 users only) If there are multiple batches to choose from, a Load Batches pop-up will appear asking which batch you want to load. Batches of refunds put on hold in the Tax Collection System can be loaded in TaxLedge. You may not want to do this, so be careful which batch you choose.
After selecting the desired Batch Sequence, click Load Refund.
- A confirmation message will appear.
- If you click No to the confirmation message, the process ends.
- Click Yes to begin the load. This automated process transfers the TC537x file from the ACT system to TaxLedge. Watch the status line at the bottom of the TaxLedge screen for more information as the loading takes place.
After the file is loaded, the Refunds (Payment Remittance) screen displays the records. TaxLedge assigns a Load Number. The Date Range defaults to whatever date was entered in the Request Date Range fields.
Note: At the bottom line of the refund screen there are three blank lines to add a reference, comment or a reason. Typing a reference and/or a comment will be printed on the check. Typing a reason is like adding a note, it will not show on the check.