Last Updated July 26, 2011
Certain tax offices can print escheat letters for refunds that have been paid out but not cashed.
Users must have the GLTAXLEDGE_FOUNDATION role and the user entitlements TAXLEDGE_REPORTS and GLRPTESCHEAT_LETTER granted in the Tax Collection System to run this report.
To print these letters:
- Open TaxLedge and log in.
- On TaxLedge’s Main Menu bar, select Reports, then select Escheat Letter. The Escheat Letter screen will be displayed.
- Select the correct Bank from the drop-down list.
- Select the correct Bank Account from the drop-down list.
- Select the correct Payment Type from the drop-down list, for ex., Overpayment Refund.
- Enter the number of copies needed in the Number of Copies field.
- In the Date of Letter field, enter the date to be printed on the letters.
- Enter the Last Print Date to consider for selecting the letters.
- (optional) Enter a Minimum Amount. Refunds smaller than this amount will not have letters printed.
- Click Print.
- If your tax office wants, the report can be tracked on the batch menu. A popup window will appear after you click Print that gives you the batch request sequence number. Contact ACT if you want this feature.