Unremit or Cancel Refund Requests
Last Updated June 8, 2010
If you have requested checks through the Refunds (Payment Remittance) screen, and have gone to either the Check Run or Check Writer screens you have these options:
- Go back to the Refunds (Payment Remittance) screen to make changes to individual refunds.
- Unremit the entire load and its requests, then re-query that same load in the Refunds (Payment Remittance) screen.
WARNING! You cannot unremit an individual refund that has been printed until that check has been voided in the Check Writer. If a change is necessary after the refund has been printed, follow the void/reprint procedures and then unremit the request as shown below.
To cancel an entire refund load request in cases where the refund checks have already been passed to the Check Writer module, you first unremit all the requested refunds. If you decide you want to print any withheld checks, you will need to run a new TC536 in the Tax Collection system and then load that new file into TaxLedge.
The following roles and user entitlements should be set in the Tax Collection System for users needing access to unremit or cancel refunds in TaxLedge.
Refund Screen Roles
GLTAXLEDGE_FOUNDATION - Allows access to the TaxLedge database tables. Restrictions are made by removing entitlements to users.
Refund Screen Entitlements
ACTGL_REFUND – Allows access to the Refund screen.
GLREQUEST_REFUNDS - Activates the Process and Cancel Request buttons.
To unremit individual refunds or all the refund requests made:
- In the Refund (Payment Remittance) screen, choose a refund type from the Payment Type drop-down list.
- If you know the Batch Sequence number of the refund load you want to search, enter that number.
- If you do not know the Batch Sequence number, enter one of the following date ranges:
- Enter the date range used to create the TC536 file in the Tax Collection system in the Request Date Range fields.
- Enter the date the refunds were created in the ACT system in the Refund Date Range fields.
Note: If a Refund Change Recipient was done in ACT, the date assigned to the refund may have changed.
- Click the radio button next to Available, On Hold, or Deleted.
- Click the radio button next to Requested/Unpaid.
- Click Search.
- Click the box in the Hold column next to the refunds you want to unremit. To unremit all the requests that were requested, click Hold All.
- Click Cancel Request.
- To process these refunds again, search again, this time selecting Available and Unrequested, then click Search. Then process as usual.
These new requests will have the same Batch Sequence number as the original requests did, but will be assigned a different load number within TaxLedge.