Update Cost Per Account Information
Last Updated October 16, 2015
Updating cost per account (CPA) information typically occurs only twice a year. To do this, follow the instructions below for adding, searching, editing, and deleting CPA values.
The values can be compared by generating the Certified Roll Jurisdiction Summary Report & File (TC501) in the Tax Collection System. This will give you counts by jurisdiction and the number of exempt accounts.
Technical note : If the Load Type from the TC298X is null (blank), cost per account is calculated against all levy. If it is F, cost per account is not calculated against rendition penalty. If is X, cost per account is calculated against all levy, the rendition portion should be loaded as a separate sequence number. If is R, cost per account is calculated against all levy and only one file is loaded.
Users must be assigned the GLGLTAXLEDGE_FOUNDATION and GLCPA_USER roles and the user entitlement ACTGL_COST_PER_ACCT in the Tax Collection System.
Adding new Cost Per Account values:
- From the Main Menu, click Disbursements, then select Cost Per Account. The Cost Per Account screen appears.
- Click in a blank line at the bottom of the screen.
- In the Calculate Value area, select the parcel type on which you want to base the calculation: Exempt, Non-Exempt, or Total.
- If this is the first cost per account calculation of the roll year, select All Accounts in the Calculation Rule area. If you want to use only the accounts added or subtracted from the roll since the original calculation, select New Accounts - this will use the difference between the accounts entered in October and the latest account values.
- Enter the Tax Unit number. It must be different than the Collecting Tax Unit.
Note : The Collecting Tax Unit column holds the jurisdiction designated by the tax office as the unit to hold their CPA amounts. A separate check for this jurisdiction is printed.
- Enter the Effective Date. This defaults to the current date.
- The Year defaults to the current tax year. Change this if desired.
- The County Appraisal District defaults to the county tax office. Change this if desired.
- Enter the Number of Exempt Accounts.
- Enter the Total Parcels. This is not the number of parcels you want to pay, it is the total off the Tax Collection system report.
The Number of Non-Exempt Accounts will be calculated by the system. The CPA Parcels field will display the number of accounts you want to charge.
- Enter the CPA Value or change the value that is already there.
- Press Tab. The CPA Total due will be calculated as CPA Value times CPA Parcels. If you changed the CPA Value from the default value, you will get a message asking you to confirm this change. If you click Yes, the default value in the database will change. Click No to continue without updating the default value.
You have the following processing choices:
- Save (the default setting) - Click this if you just want to keep the data in this screen, without having the changes reflected in the rest of TaxLedge.
- Withhold from Disbursement - Click this If you want to process the CPA values so they are withheld from the remittances in TaxLedge. They will appear as a negative amount in the Fees & Adj Total column.
- Bill - Click this if you want to send an invoice for the CPA amount instead of having it withheld from the distribution immediately.
- Delete - Click this to delete the cost per account record. Records that have already been withheld will be reversed
- Repeat steps 2-10 for all units that need a change of CPA value.
- Click Process.
- If you clicked the Process checkbox for any of the CPAs, you can verify that the adjustment has occurred by going to the Remit screen and clicking Recalculate.
Searching for existing Cost Per Account values:
- To search for all CPA values, click either Processed or Unprocessed in the upper right portion of the Cost Per Account screen, depending on what kind of values you want to see, then click Search.
- If you want to limit your search by tax unit and/or year, enter values in the Tax Unit and/or Year fields in the upper right part of the screen, choose either Processed or Unprocessed, then click Search.
Editing existing Cost Per Account values:
- Search for the CPA values that need editing. See above for directions.
- Make any necessary changes.
- Click Process.