Printing Copies of Transactions
Last Updated February 24, 2011
In some cases, you may want to preview the layout of your checks, wires, or ACH slips. The copies will look the same as the real checks or slips except that the word COPY is stamped across it in several places, VOID is stamped across the would-be signature line, and there is no micr line.
The following roles and user entitlements should be set in the Tax Collection System for users needing access to the Remittance program in TaxLedge.
Check Writer Screen Roles
GLTAXLEDGE_FOUNDATION - Allows access to the Check Writer screens.
Check Writer Screen Entitlements
ACTGL_CHWRITER - Allow users to see the Check writer screen.
GLPAYMENT_PRINTING – Allows users to see the Payment Printing tab.
GLPRINT_COPY - Allows users to print copies of checks and EFT slips on the Adjustment tab.
SEPARATE_EFT_PDF: If set to Y, this enables the Create a Single File for all EFTS and Create a Separate File for each EFT buttons. Set to N to permit only the Create a Single File option. If you use a signature card, you should set this to N, because your tax office will not be able to create PDF files, which is what are created when these buttons are enabled..You will get a warning message if you tried.
In order to view a layout of checks, wires, or EFT slips:
- From the Main Menu, select Check Writer.
- Click the Adjustment tab to display the Adjustment screen.
- Select the Bank from the drop-down list.
- (optional) Select the Bank Account from the drop-down field. The Account Number will autofill.
- Select the correct Payment Type from the drop-down field.
Note: Some tax offices may not print all wire/ACH transactions. For ex., the office may print jurisdiction wires but not attorney wires. In this case, do not select these transactions in the search criteria fields.
- If you want to search for a currently valid check run, click on the Valid button (this should be the default).
- (optional) In the Print Date field, enter the date the check writing took place (MM/DD/YYYY).
- (optional) In the Check Range fields, enter the beginning and ending check numbers of the original check writing attempt. The first number should be the check number that was fed through blank (in our example, no. 25). The last check should be the last check number that should have been used (in our example, no. 49).
- Click the Search button. TaxLedge retrieves the information based on the criteria you just entered.
- Click Print Copy.
If there are several checks, wires, or ACH's in the search range you will be prompted whether you want to print all the requests in the range. If you select Yes, you will get copies of all the requests in the check range on the screen. If you select No, you will get a copy of only the request that is currently on screen.
If the client preference SEPARATE_EFT_PDF is set to Y, this enables the Create a Single File for all EFTS and Create a Separate File for each EFT buttons. Set to N to permit only the Create a Single File option. If you use a signature card, you should set this to N, because your tax office will not be able to create PDF files, which is what are created when these buttons are enabled.