Add Manual Refunds
Last Updated January 8, 2015
It is possible to add manual refunds to the loaded records before further processing occurs.
The following roles and user entitlements should be set in the Tax Collection System for users needing to add manual refunds in TaxLedge.
Refund Screen Roles
GLTAXLEDGE_FOUNDATION - Allows access to the TaxLedge database tables. Restrictions are made by removing entitlements to users.
Refund Screen Entitlements
ACTGL_REFUND – Allows access to the Refund screen.
GLMANUAL_REFUNDS - Allows access to the Manual Payment Requests (Refunds) screen.
Any individual refunds that need to be split into two or more recipients must be processed through this screen, and then posted back manually in the Tax Collection system.
To add a refund, follow these steps:
- Click the Manual Payment Requests tab on the Refunds (Payment Remittance) screen to bring up the Manual Payment Requests screen.
- Select the refund type from the drop-down box for the Payment Type field. Failing to select a refund type will send you back to the Refunds screen.
Note: This will put the cursor into the Account Number.
- Enter information into the following fields:
- Account Number. If no number is available, perhaps because the refund is for SIT collections, liquor collections, etc.
- Year the year to apply the refund.
- Record Type Choose from the drop-down list (options vary by tax office).
- Amount of the check.
- Name to whom the check will be addressed.
- Mailing address (Nameline 2 - 4, City, State, Zip Code).
- Refund Reason, Reference and/or Comment.
Note: Be sure to click Apply to save the Reason, Reference, or Comment with the refund.
Typing a reference and/or a comment will be printed on the check. Typing a reason is like adding a note, it will not show on the check.
- Click the Save Records button.
- Click the Payment Remittance tab. The information you just entered will appear there.
- If you need to change the Payment Type after saving the manual refund entry, you can do so by double-clicking on the manual refund account in the main Refund screen and changing the type in the popup window that appears. All refunds processed in that batch (all checks entered at one time) will be changed.
- TaxLedge processes the manual check requests and adds the manual records to the bottom of the Refunds screen. Manual refunds are now ready to process along with the other refunds.
Note: Any refunds that you enter on the Manual Payment Requests screen will need to be hand-entered into the ACT system after they have been paid in the Check Writer module. A note is not automatically created in the Tax Collection System for manual refunds.